April 22, 2009

Another great night

Our second effort at praying through the night hours was again an enjoyable one.  We know that any prayer, focused and coming from an engaged heart before Him, matters in the kingdom.  But, not all prayer is enjoyable.  This nightwatch had moments of sleepiness and distraction, but was also filled with prophetic declaration and the sweetness of His love for us.

I arrived at 3:45am for a shift-change with those leading the meeting.  I drove through the rough north-end in the dark to get there, amazed to see packs of what appeared to be 10-year-old kids wandering the streets like it was a Saturday afternoon.  Nothing good is coming from packs of young kids wandering around in the middle of the night.  I was troubled and felt heavy about it all.  As I kept driving, I crossed the biggest street in our city, past the oldest department store in Western Canada and straight on toward the Legislative Assembly in the downtown of Winnipeg.  Almost at our prayer room, I was now able to see the line of cars parked outside of the building.  My spirit just lept at the realization that there was worship and prayer for this city happening right now...in our prayer room...for those little kids and all the others who need a touch from the Lord.  As I walked closer to the building, I could feel the presence of the Spirit, even out on the sidewalk.  How exciting!

What followed was intense intercession, pure devotion and a focus on God that was worth losing sleep over.

Let's do this again and again!

Photos and video (maybe) to follow.  And, the date for the next Nightwatch is being decided soon as well.

Blessings,

Brian Creary
Ministry Director

No comments: